I've been getting some blog-bling, and it's time to show it off. Nothing like a few good awards from fellow bloggers to make you feel good. After a craptacular start to my week, I needed a pick me up. Plus, I've been storing these up (read, procrastination). It's time to pass some of the love on.
Thanks to Clio at Dancing with Gaia for tagging me on this one.
What is expected is that I need to -
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I don't like ketchup and mustard. Never have. As a kid, I always got plain hamburgers at McDonald's. For some reason, my brothers always hated me for that. Probably because they had to wait longer for their meal while they were cooking my special order.
2. I confiscated my stepson's weed stash a few weeks ago and contemplated saving it for myself, but then flushed it down the toilet. I'm kinda regretting that now!
3. If I didn't pluck my eyebrows, they would be singular. Gotta love those Italian genes!
4. The only Italian I learned from my sweet little old Italian grandmother who religiously said a rosary every night were swear words.
5. I broke my leg first time I went downhill skiing at age 12. I never learned to downhill ski, but I actually tried snowboarding a few years ago. After bruising my tailbone, I decided that wasn't so good for my fertility.
6. I hated physics and philosophy in college.
7. I wanted to be an astronomer growing up. Upon learning that astronomy is basically physics, I bailed.
8. I love reading books that are considered childrens' books or for adolescents. I read the first four Harry Potter books in 3 1/2 weeks. Hey, I had to catch up with what my husband was reading his kids when I first met them!
9. I don't dye my hair. I have very few grey hairs. Doctors either think I do dye my hair because I'm forty-two, or they think I'm younger because I don't.
10. I'm a sucker for a man with grey hair. Move over Brad Pitt, I'm more of a George Clooney kinda gal. It's one of the things that attracted me to my husband.
I'm passing this on to the following bloggers:
1. Onward and Sideways
2. Laura at Fertility Alphabet Soup
3. Dora at ISO the Golden Egg
4. Murgden at Conceive This!
5. Geohde at Mission Impossible
6. Melissa at How to Get From 0 to Pregnant in 365 Easy Steps
7. Chicklet at Bloorb
Next, thanks to the Muser at MusingsMusingsMusings for this lovely award!
To claim this most prestigious of prizes you have to answer a meme of sorts, this one with one word answers. You also have to pass it along to SEVEN other bloggers. And so:
1. Where is your cell phone? upstairs
2. Where is your significant other? here
3. Your hair color? Brown
4. Your mother? Absent
5. Your father? Co-dependent
6. Your favorite thing? food
7. Your dream last night? dreamy
8. Your dream/goal? family
9. The room you're in? office
10. Your hobby? gardening
11. Your fear? mothering
12. Where do you want to be in six years? mothering
13. Where were you last night? couch-surfing
14. What you're not? blonde
15. One of your wish list items? carpet!
16. Where you grew up? Ohio
17. The last thing you did? shots
18. What are you wearing? Car.hartts
19. Your T.V.? flat
20. Your pet? cat
21. Your computer? on
22. Your mood? stressed
23. Missing someone? daughter
24. Your car? Toyota
25. Something you're not wearing? makeup
26. Favorite store? REI
27. Your Summer? surviving
28. Love someone? Magic
29. Your favorite color? rainbow
30. When is the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? yesterday
I nominate the "I heart your blog" award to the following lovely women and man:
1. RetroGirl at Life Through My Lens
2. Ashley at Planet Davila
3. Luna at Life from Here: Musings from the edge
4. Cassandra at Baby Smiling in the Back Seat
5. Mo and Will at Life and Love in the Petri Dish
6. Loribeth at The Road Less Traveled
7. Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked
Finally, a big thanks to Brenda at No Regrets for giving me the "Uber Amazing Blog!" award. I'd give it to her too, but someone beat me to it! She really made my day at the time she gave me this award. It was embarrassingly too long ago to admit when she gave it to me, but thanks just the same!
Here is a little bit about the award:
The "uber" (synonym for super) is a blog award given to sites who:
- inspire you
- make you smile and laugh
- or maybe give you amazing information
- a great read
- has an amazing design
- and any other reason you can think of that makes them uber amazing!
The rules of the award are:
1-Put the logo on your blog or post.
2- Nominate at least five blogs (can be more) that for you are uber amazing.
3- Let them know that they have received this uber amazing award by commenting on their blog
4-Share the love by linking to this post and the person you received the award from.
5-The envelope please...
1. The Muser at MusingsMusingsMusings.
2. Eurydice at Geeks in Rome
3. Spicy Sister
4. The Duck's big ol' blog of how to build a nest
5. Lori at Weebles Wobblog
Choosing was difficult. There are a lot of great blogs out there. I hope all blogs will get an award at some point, if we just keep passing the good mojo on!
Such a fine sight to see...
12 hours ago