Friday, August 1, 2008

Expecto Patronum!


I've been seeing my patronus around lately. I saw them this morning and again this evening. I wasn't feeling particularly happy when I saw them, quite the opposite. Maybe it's an encouraging sign for me, to "buck" up, your patronus is here to keep the Dementors away. Those Dementors have been circling me lately, sucking the happiness out of me. I can feel them draining my life spirit. I can use all the encouragement I can get right now. I'm still grieving. It's been three months.

Don't know what your patronus is? Take this quiz to find out which patronus you would create. It's kinda silly, but what the heck?!

6 comments:

Muser Grace said...

Oh, I'm so sorry things are so hard. Three months isn't a very long time...it makes sense to me you're still grieving. Peace, peace, healing, healing to you.

Lost in Space said...

First of all, I am such a dork as I had no idea what you were talking about. I clicked the link and realized I can't even play as I have *gasp* never seen any of the movies or read any of the books. Hope you'll still love me. (:

Three months is nothing when it comes to grief. Let the feelings come as they will and let us know what we can do to help you. I am thinking of you and praying you are able to find comfort. (hugs)

Nadine said...

I tried to take the test, but I have not read any harry potter ( I love sci fi, but hate fantasy - I know it makes no sense, I am a freak). 3 months isn't long, you have been through so much, time, time will make it all better ( or that's what I tell myself). Hang in there.

Kami said...

It's true - three months isn't very long at all. I think it is something that will be with you for the rest of your life, but it will get easier little by little.

When we lost our son, I had people commiserate by telling us about their losses. One man teared up over his wife's early m/c that happened 30 years prior.

Meg said...

Love this post.

90 days is such a short amount of time, in my opinion. The grief and pain will never fully subside, especially with the difficulty of this situation. You are an incredibly strong woman and will have good days ahead....I promise.

Now I am off to play the game.

Duffy said...

I agree with the others, three months is really not long at all. Makes sense your heart would still be hurting.

Still, I am sorry you are in this pain and I hope your patronus is able to give you a sense of hope and a light in the midst of darkness.

Peace to you.