Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blowing Sunshine up My Skirt

Periscope up!

I was quite nervous today for my hysteroscopy. I didn't know what to expect since I had been asleep for my last one, as it had been done at the same time as my laparoscopic myomectomy. It was mercifully quick, though I didn't care for the blowing air up my who-haa. My new RE is so damn cheerful, I thought it was a nice metaphor that he was blowing sunshine up my cha-cha instead. I was relieved to hear, "everything looks good!" I was so nervous that I didn't sleep much last night, but I did not have a trauma reaction!! I hope I can finally sleep tonight.

We went over the dates with the nurse. For me, the transfer has to be at or 5 days after the new moon. We aren't getting anywhere near that fertility-sucking full moon. End of March it is, which I think is perfect timing for other things I have to get done before then which include:
  1. Buy a Car: I can't possibly do all these appointments without a car, though there are less with the FET - yeah!
  2. Shop for a Shrink: This may take as long or longer than Number 1. I have to have a good shrink in place BEFORE I get pregnant again. Lesson learned from last time: don't let your RE prescribe you antidepressants!
  3. Finish 2008 taxes: We have to get them done early this year to apply for college financial aid for my oldest stepson. Seems weird to be looking at colleges and trying to get pregnant at the same time. What's wrong with this picture?!
I think I will start my groveling now. Ladies, if you have any left over meds from your cycles, would you be so kind as to donate them to me? I need the following items:

Lu.pron (brand name, not generic)
Vi.velle patches, 0.1 mg
PI.O
Pro.metrium 200mg or Endo.metrin

Please e-mail me at phoebephoenixtales@gmail.com if you can help out. Many thanks.

Magic asked me tonight, "what is the next thing you are not looking forward to doing?"
Me: "Forking over a bunch of money."
Me: "Taking birth control pills."
Me: "Shooting up Lu.pron."

What is the next thing you are not looking forward to doing?

6 comments:

DAVs said...

I'm glad the hysteroscope went well! I will look to see if I have any vivelle.
I'm not looking forward to figuring out our next steps, that's for sure. It feels too overwhelming.
I AM looking forward to trying some new vegetarian recipes this weekend and so sinful candy making (key lime truffles).

Nadine said...

sorry hun, no drugs here - I did superfact and took es*trace no PIO, never made it there, hope the hyst went well!

Denver Laura said...

The next thing I'm not looking forward to is hearing (again) from teh nurse, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this but your beta test says you're not pregnant."

It sounds like you made a small progress towards getting back into things. I might have some spare endom*trin. I'll let you know on Monday.

Duffy said...

So glad the hysteroscope went well and it sounds like you are making some really good progress with moving towards your FET in a positive and healthy way, which is huge. March is a great time - all that great Spring energy coming into play!

Also - I have v*ivelle patches. Email me!

B MoM said...

I'm not looking forward to spending the weekend with family and friends who are all on their 3rd child or more while I'm not even preggos with my first. =((((((

Lost in Space said...

I'm so glad the hysteroscopy went well. My first was under sedation too so I was unsure of what to expect. The first time I met Schoolcraft was when I was spread eagle waiting on the table before my hysteroscopy. LOL.

Your plan sounds great. Those dreaded taxes are such a PITA. It looks like old Arnold (CA governor) is going to hand out I owe yous to us this year for our state taxes. Stupid 'effin government. We have 3 IVF cycles to write off for 2008!!

Well, we already forked over our money and I am on those dreaded BCPs which are wreaking havoc, but I can agree with not looking forward to starting Lupron. I am also not looking forward to dealing with my officemate after her maternity leave - especially if our cycle doesn't work.

If our cycle bombs I will definitely have some Vivelle and Endometrin left over. I should know mid February. Tara over at Divine Secrets of the Infertility Sisterhood has a couple of boxes of Endometrin. I don't know if someone else has already asked, but just thought I would throw it out there. Good luck!