Sunday, November 2, 2008

Show & Tell: Palin vs. Phoebe

I really enjoyed the laughs at work I got out of my Halloween costume this year. The scary thing was that I didn't have to tell anyone who I was. I made one co-worker ill. I even wore female torture devices, called pumps, all day and night, something I never do and hope I won't be crippled permanently in the name of a little fun. I recouped some of my costume costs by winning a $25 gift certificate to REI for the "most transformed", though others wanted to nominate me for the "scariest" category.


Move over Sarah. I'm going to be the next hottie in the White House!

Join the rest of the class at Mel's Show & Tell.

15 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Brilliant! I'll let you know where to send my invite to the inauguration.

Sam said...

Ha! Good costume!!

SassyCupcakes said...

I hope you spent the day winking at people for the ultimate in creepy costumes. :)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oh my G-d!!! It is so perfect. So scary perfect. I almost feel like you should stand around outside the polls on the 4th :-)

Hey--don't forget to link to your post instead of the main blog url so people can find your Show and Tell post in the future.

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Oh. My. Golly-gee!
That's pretty dang good!

I think I need to see the wink though ... can I get the wink? And the whole "Maverick"?

Thanks for a good laugh today!

luna said...

that's pretty awesome. I especially love the thumbs up. too bad you can't post a clip of your voice!

Kristin said...

ROFL...that is too funny. My son tried to convince me the scariest costume would be Hillary...LOL

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, too funny!

I agree with your co-workers... most scary!

My boss and another co-worker both dressed up as her for Halloween, it was a popular costume this year!

battynurse said...

Yeah that could be most scary too. Hope your feet recover from the shoes.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

You look GREAT!!! I love it, can you see a foreign country from your house too?

admin said...

You look awesome!

Tara said...

Ha! Too funny!

Malky B. said...

Great costume! You did a great job pulling it off.

Anonymous said...

I am in shock how Tina Fey/Sarah Palin you look!!! Hilarious! I hope you winked at all the boys, too.

I remember not long ago THE person to dress up as for Halloween was Monica Lewinski. A friend of mine pulled it off perfectly and had the same Gap dress with a nasty stain on it.

I miss Halloween! (I have great memories doing trick or treat with you in your neighborhood!!)

Lost in Space said...

OMG, this was too funny!! Great costume, Phoebe!! (: