Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Craptacular News

I'm in shock. I had my Day 2 testing done today at BigShotFertilityClinic. I thought all the acupuncture and herbs I've done over the past couple of months would have helped improve my numbers. They have gotten much worse. I'm crushed.

Resting Follicles: 2
FSH: 15
E2: 85
AMH: TBA

I don't know what to say. I knew this was a possibility, but I had hope after my last testing I had done. Dang, I should have had my Day 3 testing done back then, but would it have just given me false hope?

I had acupuncture last night, and I had hoped that would help me. Now, I wonder if it made it worse. I had bad hot flashes last night. I thought, "maybe I should wait another day", but then I rationalized that maybe the hot flashes just meant that my estrogen was low. That was stupid magical thinking. I was impatient.

I discussed this with Em, my acupuncturist. She didn't think my results would have been radically different a day later. We'll see if I have any hot flashes tonight. She thinks it's normal at my age for FSH and resting follicles to fluctuate. So do I, but BigShotFertilityClinic does not. I've discussed this before. She is encouraging me to work with an out of state clinic that specializes in high FSH and basically does not do an IVF cycle until your FSH is low. I would prefer to do that with BigShotFertilityClinic. I checked this other clinic for their stats, and their numbers suck for my age group. BigShotFertilityClinic still has the best stats for my age group, even though that number is still pretty low. I suppose I'll have a WTF appointment with Dr. BloSunMyCha. My plan to impress him has been shot down in flames, so we'll see what he has to say. I think I can predict what he has to say. I'm going to bring in my last lab results and see what he thinks.

To say that I am bummed out is an understatement.

16 comments:

Muser Grace said...

Oh, so sorry, sweet Phoebe. So sorry.

Nadine said...

Totally sucks, I feel your pain honey - and I wish i had something to make it all better.

Sue said...

I'm sorry. That sucks. Hopefully you guys come up with a plan.

Momasita said...

So sorry about the latest numbers. They do fluctuate!!! I had a 19.9 in February, the next month was 6.7 and this month was 8.9. It's so crappy to get that news though. Hopefully, you can stay with your clinic and they'll work with you. Hugs.

kayjay said...

Ouch. I'm sorry that the results were not good but I am also of the opinion that this can change month to month. With all the stress and upset you've had this month with losing Fluff, it was bound to affect you in other ways. From what I've read, when anything is out of balance in your body, the first place it takes energy/blood/nutrients away from is the reproductive system so maybe that's why your numbers are off this month? Would you be willing to wait one more month to see what they are?

Anonymous said...

That's so disappointing to work so hard to get some results and the numbers have let you down.

Is the big shot clinic so picky because they don't want people (who really need IVF) messing with their "success" numbers' curve?

DAVs said...

Oh Phoebe I'm sorry about the numbers. I know it's a blow. But you know what? Sometimes I just think the numbers don't tell the whole story. If you have good eggs in those follicles, then that's something. And God knows you've been doing everything right for egg quality!
Hang in there.

Beautiful Mess said...

I'm so sorry, hon! I truly am! I'm sending you much hugs and hoping for you, as well!
*HUGS*

Josée Martens said...

argh! frick! I hate news like this. Hate it! Sorry to hear this. I hope you have no more hot flashes. I forgot, did you take the dhea? i just started it.

i hope you are doing ok tonight. :(

Finn's Mom said...

I'm so sorry, Phoebe. I know from personal experience that those kinds of test results are a horrible blow. My numbers are similar (and I already know my AMH is a putrid 0.13). And here I am waiting to see if a perfect 8-cell, high grade embie will implant. These numbers make it harder for us, but they're not the whole story. We might have fewer follies, fewer eggs ~ but the ones in there still have every chance of being keepers.

Pie said...

I'm sorry, that sucks. But those numbers do fluctuate and you might have better cycles in the future. Hang in there!!

Michele said...

That sucks. I'm sorry. :( Sending warm thoughts...

Hillary said...

I'm so sorry :( :(

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

Jill M. said...

Hi Phoebe, just caught up on your blog and added you to my blogroll. Hun, I am so sorry for this news. That is so frustrating to have the #s return worse after making so much effort to better them. Can we infertiles please catch a break here?? Thinking of you....

Petrucia said...

dear dear Phoebe... moods. yes. They do surely affect us. But I have to say that (and you might not like my opinion here), maybe you could take it lighter with the acupucture and herbs and all? The whole maddenig pursuit puts a toll on us, even if we are doing it with all the natural stuff we can. So, take it easy, do some stuff, but not obsessively. You know how the chinese say that energy follows thought? sometimes if we drive too much energy into something we overdo it, that's been my feeling recently. big, big hugs to you.